I got involved with CFKC as a very natural extension of my relationship with Gretchen Witt. I met her through a mutual friend at Family Circle magazine where I work, who connected us because she said we would be "great friends." And we are. It was my privilege and honor to spend time with Liam and Gretchen during treatments, and it is something I will always remember.
My favorite memories of Cookies include writing the nomination for Gretchen to be a L'Oreal Women of Worth award winner, and going to the dinner at the Hearst Tower where she won the grand prize. I was proud to have helped make it happen. She deserved it.
Being a Good Cookie Ambassador means striving to raise awareness of the number of kids diagnosed with cancer, how brutal the treatment is and how little government and National Cancer Institute funding is directed to specifically child-centric research. The public needs to be made aware that pediatric cancer researchers must rely on private funding to advance the science, and that's where Cookies comes in.
- One person can make a difference and everyone should try. —John F. Kennedy
- Every blade of grass has its angel that bends over it and whispers "Grow, grow." —The Talmud
- Leap and the net will appear. —Zen saying
- Do what you can, where you are, with what you have. —Teddy Roosevelt
- In the long run, we only hit what we aim at. —Thoreau
- Be the change you wish to see in the world. —Gandhi